How do you make part of a character/object glow-in-the-dark?

I have been wanting to make a part of my character mod glow in the dark, and I don't mean for it to actually create light, I just want it to show up as the same light level no matter its surroundings light level. I was thinking that maybe the shaders folder would have something or at least a clue that could help me figure this out myself but I quickly got stumped because I know nothing about that file type. Also If I could get this to effect only one symbol of a sprite that would be preferable but otherwise I could probably just apply the effects to a separate object that is then fixed to the object. If I could at least get a clue as to how to do this I might be able to figure out the rest myself.

To do this, use

inst.AnimState:SetLightOverride(X)

Where X can be any value between 0 and 1. At 0, your object will be completely hidden in the dark and at 1 it will be completely visible. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no way to apply this to specific symbols, only entities.

29 minutes ago, Ziro2k said:

To do this, use

inst.AnimState:SetLightOverride(X)

Where X can be any value between 0 and 1. At 0, your object will be completely hidden in the dark and at 1 it will be completely visible. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no way to apply this to specific symbols, only entities.

Thanks for such a fast reply, This is almost exactly what I needed. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to either apply to one symbol or to an object that is fixed to the symbol which I might be able to do myself.
Nevermind, still stumped. If I were to fix an object to the symbol I would likely have to check for the blink animation and all that, it would be a mess.

Edited by poolcool2
Update