Rocket Platform's output port

The rocket won't launch if something is blocking its path. This condition is stated on the Rocket Platform's checklist. However, it doesn't affect the launchpad's output signal: if all other conditions are met, the signal is green, despite rocket not being able to actually launch.

At first, I thought that it's a bug and was going to report it. However, it occurred to me that it could be a userful feature. For example (if meteor showers would come back) that signal output may be used as one of conditions to open bunker doors.

But formally that behavior is still a bug — green signal should only be produced if all conditions of Rocket Platform's checklist are met.

My main suggestion is to allow to customize the list of conditions that are used to calculate the output signal. At very least a settings button to toggle between current behavior and strict full condition check would be welcome, in my opinion. It also may be nice to have an advanced scenario of having ribbon wire attached to output, with different bits corresponding to different conditions/condition combinations.

What do you guys think about it?

The output signal work the same in vanilla and I think it should stay that way. Green signal on the launchpad mean that the rocket itself is ready to launch whatever external conditions. Like you said it's useful to manage bunker doors, among other thinks

Archived