Issue getting to the Lunar Grotto

So I have this Dedicated Server before the Lunar Grotto update. When I got to the wormhole which takes me to the Lunar Grotto i was able to be around like 1 minute and the caves shard completly crashed... I loaded it again and nothing. Ok, I started again, new world, everthing, been exploring little by little, Day 500~ i finally got to the Blue Mushroom forest in the caves, enter the Lunar Grotto which is now integrated to the map and.. crashes again, same thing. I haven't tried it before, but this time there was someone who could get around just fine until i got to the area and the thing crashed again. Ok, maybe it's me, so I log into another server with the same mods i use in mine and got to the Lunar Grotto just fine. I don't really know whats going on or even where to look :c.

I had a similar issue and it ended up being the mods. Maybe try disabling all mods, running the server and seeing if it works. If it does then maybe try enabling one mod at a time to identify the problematic mod. I don't believe Klei officially supports any third party mods.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:26 PM, Dark Wun said:

I had a similar issue and it ended up being the mods. Maybe try disabling all mods, running the server and seeing if it works. If it does then maybe try enabling one mod at a time to identify the problematic mod. I don't believe Klei officially supports any third party mods.

Thanks for the sugestion.

I still wonder, why there were no issues when to the grotto in another server which uses the same mods.

10 hours ago, KvioZ said:

I still wonder, why there were no issues when to the grotto in another server which uses the same mods.

- Different Mod configurations
- Different server settings
- You've missed a mod in the list you have, but the other server doesn't
- Coincidental different mod load order
- The other server owner might've edited mods a little themselves, which fixed it
- Possibly more

16 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

- Different Mod configurations
- Different server settings
- You've missed a mod in the list you have, but the other server doesn't
- Coincidental different mod load order
- The other server owner might've edited mods a little themselves, which fixed it
- Possibly more

I get it, but shouldn't it affect others in the same server?

Sorry, I was specifically referring to server-side mods in the modoverrides.lua files for both the master/cave shards. Did you try disabling all of those if any are active (set the flags to enabled = false)? This was what happened to me: my server was showing up in the game search as unmodded even though I inadvertently had enabled some problematic server-side mods in the caves shard.

To further troubleshoot you can also completely regenerate the caves shard while keeping your overworld progress.

5 hours ago, Dark Wun said:

Sorry, I was specifically referring to server-side mods in the modoverrides.lua files for both the master/cave shards. Did you try disabling all of those if any are active (set the flags to enabled = false)? This was what happened to me: my server was showing up in the game search as unmodded even though I inadvertently had enabled some problematic server-side mods in the caves shard.

To further troubleshoot you can also completely regenerate the caves shard while keeping your overworld progress.

Oh, that'll be useful, (caves regen). How do i do that? Also, the modoverrides.lua is the same for caves and overworld. 

Thank you so much for your time :wilsconnivingsmile:

Ok here's how I did a caves regen, worked like a charm:

1) Make sure NONE of your characters have logged off in the caves. If they have, move them to the top world and log out.

2) Copy your DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer/ folder just in case something goes wrong.

3) Go to your DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer/Caves folder and delete all the folders in the Save folder (but not the folder itself).

4) Log back in and enter a cave. It should regenerate the world.

Even if all the settings in modsoverrides.lua in both shards has the same parameters, they are different files. In my case I disabled the mods in the Master shard, but forgot to do the same in the caves shard and that's why a problematic mod caused an issue. As soon as I edited the caves file and regen'd, all was fine. Good luck!

Archived