Power saving of automatic dispenser

If you want to control the automatic dispenser with an automation wire, you need to supply power.
However, the automatic dispenser is a facility that constantly consumes 60W when it supplies power, so some people may be a little dissatisfied with it.
This method may be able to help those who are dissatisfied.

When the power supply is cut off, the automatic dispenser is fixed in the open / closed state at that time.
In other words, if the power is turned off in the open state, it will be in the open state all the time, and if the power is turned off in the closed state, it will be in the closed state all the time.
(I believe this is the correct behavior, but is it a bug? Forget the information on this topic if it is fixed as a bug in the future)

Use this to save power on the dispenser.

1.thumb.jpg.d486f493911f23aac73a2f0a7e4ecb12.jpg

In addition, the build below has a simpler structure, saving only the power consumption of the closed state.
Perhaps in most cases, the purpose of controlling the automatic dispenser is to eject the accumulated items with a specific trigger.
In other words, I don't think it's necessary to keep the automatic dispenser open, so this simple build will suffice.

2.thumb.jpg.acb261355a15559a3db0d45ae36aafc5.jpg

The automatic dispenser and power shutoff are controlled at the same time, but in reality there is a 0.2 second delay before the power shutoff shuts off the power supply, so the power is shut off after the closed state is reached. Therefore, it works without any problem.

By the way, both builds guarantee a 0.2s green signal with a buffer gate.
The reason is that the minimum 0.1s green signal does not supply power normally.
At least in my environment it worked fine for 0.2s and above.
It may be safer to set a slightly longer value (eg 1s).

4 hours ago, thegroundbelow said:

I never thought about using a ribbon reader/writer as a diode/no-op gate either.

That was my first thought too! Half the size of an or-gate.

Edit: though in this context you can use a counter set to advanced mode and a count of 1 as an even smaller rising edge detector instead of the xor-gate/ribbon writer combo.

13 hours ago, thegroundbelow said:

I assume that you could just use a 0.1s filter gate instead of that.

Yes, it's correct.
I chose the ribbon lighter because it's kind of cool.
Rather, from a practical point of view, I think the 0.1s filter gate / buffer gate, which can be made faster than the ribbon lighter, is better.

9 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

though in this context you can use a counter set to advanced mode and a count of 1 as an even smaller rising edge detector instead of the xor-gate/ribbon writer combo.

No, the reason I use the XOR-gate / ribbon writer combo in the first image is that it needs to detect falling edges as well as rising edges.
Falling edge cannot be detected only by Signal counter [count: 1, advanced mode].
However, the Signal counter / Not-gate combo can detect both rising and falling edges. (But it's better to use the XOR-gate combo than to use this)

Spoiler

a.gif.1897723bf255fcd0eda5d0146ab426d2.gif

Archived