Character mod select screen crash (Help needed)

So recently I decided to try to make my friend a character for Don't starve together, and it was working fine until I renamed the esctemplate. Now when you hover above the character icon it instacrashes..I asked a friend and he suggested redoing it with a longer name, but somehow that didn't change the crashing result..

Here is the whole mod, made using Extended Sample Character Template by Dragon Wolf Leo

AniV2.zip

You have to change the name everytimes it's mentioned because the code doesn't know you've actually changed the name

Probably in modmain it still says esctemplate

Edited by thomas4846
I've changed the change to changed by changing change
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, thomas4846 said:

You have to change the name everytimes it's mentioned because the code doesn't know you've actually changed the name

Probably in modmain it still says esctemplate

I've scrubbed through modmain, the prefab, ghost prefab, every single name and even looked through every xml file, I even checked the capitalization to the original template... I honestly am at a complete loss as to what I am doing wrong. BTW, I also know to delete and recompile txt files and never rename them, so it isn't that either..

On 11/5/2020 at 5:48 AM, thomas4846 said:

Esctemplate_none?

Or prefabname_none

Check the bottom of each prefab it usually confirms the prefabs name there

Or just general spelling

Ok I figured out the issue, thank you so much for your help!

For those having the same issue as me:
If you had to manually make a .tex file because the autocomiler wasn't compiling them automatically, you have to use the TEXtool to covert the newly made tex back into a PNG. 

Edited by Arimo
misspelled