Cant accept rewards

Dont see a bug report forum so I hope its fine here. I can claim all rewards for facebook, twitch, and the spools for Halloween. I am trying to claim the 850 K points for "subscribing to newsletter". When I click claim it acts like its loading and then stops with nothing happened. There is a "subscribe to our newsletter" link but when I click on it it takes me to my account settings and there is no newsletter option.

• Developer

Hello @Mok0

Thanks for your bug report.

To claim the newsletter’s reward, you need to click the link that says “Subscribe to our newsletter,” which, as you saw, takes you to the settings page. There, you will scroll down to a panel that says “Marketing Options,” then click “I want to receive marketing emails (news, new games, promos, etc.)” and select one or more games or Klei services you want to receive information about. Click “Save Changes” and then visit the “Rewards” page again.

At this point, you should be able to click “Claim Reward” to get 850 Klei Points.

I hope that helps.

P.S. You can also submit bug reports from this website → https://support.klei.com/

I figured that might be it so I did that as well however the problem still persists. I try to avoid tech support since the problem usually is very simple to solve and is often me just missing something but it looks like in this case I will have to contact them.

• Developer

Thanks for being mindful about contacting support.

I went ahead and tested the Newsletter reward flow and can confirm there is something broken.

The website communicates with a third-party service to manage the email subscriptions. The integration appears to be misbehaving right now, which might explain why a subset of users are unable to claim the reward associated to the newsletter subscription. If the system is not able to check if the email is really in the database then it skips the rest of the operation.

I will investigate a bit more and fix the problem as soon as possible.

Archived