endless loading of mods

Guest aresd

It started yesterday when I was installing additional mods. In the "Mods" menu, I saw that they are loaded endlessly, ie. a download notification appears in the list, everything disappears and happens again. And so endlessly. At first I thought that the system had changed some permissions and the game simply did not have enough rights to record. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it on a different drive, which is guaranteed to have no write rights problems. And I've been waiting for almost an hour, but the game was only able to load 9 out of 40+. The rest are stuck in endless loading. Only I have such a problem?

Excuse me, I first write and then I do. I switched to a second provider and everything loaded fine. Again, Russian censorship destroys the Internet. Soon will like North Korea

I'm not sure it will work for you but give a try.

-Firstly don't download mods while your game is launched. Close your game and start to download your mods. When it's done (i mean your job and the downloading) start the game. Go to the mods from main menu and wait for moment. Updates should work. If it's not or get stop, just relaunch game again and check mods.

-If it's dont work, try to run steam as administrator.

-If it's don't work go to the folder of game (Usualy C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin ) and run dontstarve_steam.exe as administrator. This should work.

-If it's not use file verification of game.

-If it's still not working, try to restart your computer and check your internet connection. I hope any of this will help.

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

I'm not sure it will work for you but give a try.

-Firstly don't download mods while your game is launched. Close your game and start to download your mods. When it's done (i mean your job and the downloading) start the game. Go to the mods from main menu and wait for moment. Updates should work. If it's not or get stop, just relaunch game again and check mods.

-If it's dont work, try to run steam as administrator.

-If it's don't work go to the folder of game (Usualy C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin ) and run dontstarve_steam.exe as administrator. This should work.

-If it's not use file verification of game.

-If it's still not working, try to restart your computer and check your internet connection. I hope any of this will help.

I apologize, but I have already found the reason. The fact is that in Russia the Internet is heavily censored and there is a separate structure that compiles lists of blocks and obliges all Internet providers to use these lists. But the fact is that work in government institutions is very low-paid, and those who can cheat, or a loser and non-professionals, or stupid people go to work there. As a result, we have what we have. Last time they blocked a website and disrupted the work of the largest banks in the country. This time, they blocked something again and, as a result, Steam services suffered. I had to order facepalms in the online store additionally. My personal savings are no longer enough.

Archived