Is "remove caves" button not available for others?

I have been running my server for 2 days. I see that it is not much, but let me explain.

I created the world with Wurt, after gathering basic resources I went down into caves since it is a rush; then had to disconnect.

After that, I joined a friend's server. After around 2 hours of playing with caves enabled (we both entered it too) I suggested that we should disable caves. He checked the cave generation option but "remove caves" button was not available for him while I can disable/enable caves at anytime. Does anyone know why is it like that?

• Developer
46 minutes ago, douan33 said:

I have been running my server for 2 days. I see that it is not much, but let me explain.

I created the world with Wurt, after gathering basic resources I went down into caves since it is a rush; then had to disconnect.

After that, I joined a friend's server. After around 2 hours of playing with caves enabled (we both entered it too) I suggested that we should disable caves. He checked the cave generation option but "remove caves" button was not available for him while I can disable/enable caves at anytime. Does anyone know why is it like that?

Caves cannot be removed from a server, the remove caves button only appears when
When creating a new world, you can always remove caves if they are already added.
When adding caves into a world that is currently only the Forest, you will be given the option to remove caves until you launch the server with caves enabled.

8 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Caves cannot be removed from a server, the remove caves button only appears when
When creating a new world, you can always remove caves if they are already added.
When adding caves into a world that is currently only the Forest, you will be given the option to remove caves until you launch the server with caves enabled.

I have the button. Maybe it is glitched and won't work then. Thank you.

Archived