Suggestion for updating sweepy

Hello. I really like the game in this form, but there are a few things that are not finalized: rockets and sweepy. I know that the DLC is reworking missiles and it's very good. What about reworking sweepy into something useful? At the moment, they poorly repeat the functionality of manipulators and pipelines. What if they are made analogs of micro robots for particularly difficult conditions (tightness, temperature, liquids, radiation, pressure) with the capabilities of a full-function duplicate, although very slowly and the ability to move like PIP. This is a preliminary sketch, and of course for a late game

I look at sweepy as it was dupes' first step into robotics - they attached some brushes to the wheels to see if this could work. It isn't the result of highest robotics research - only one small step for dupe-humanity.

Offgame - I feel the sweepy is only a teaser for future, more advanced robots.

In both cases, sweepy shouldn't be advanced, nor efficient. I'm fine if auto sweepers are better at its work. However, I hope that in the future we will see more numbers of more advanced robots. But there again, sweepy should remain as basic as possible and all upgrades should be incorporated into bigger robots

Sometimes i like to use sweepy for my combined balm lily and peppernut farm. I make 1 row of both in opposite direction and just let the plants fall down. Instead of putting auto sweeper every now and then, i put on sweepy at the end and just let him collect everything when needed.

But that is the only use i have found for him till now.

Archived