Resetting world doesn't make a different world

Whenever I die and reset the world, instead of generating a different world, it regenerates the same world. I have Gem Core API, and I think that's the problem. It doesn't seem like a bug, but there's no option to turn it off in the config. I can use the regenerate command, and it will generate a different world, but it's still annoying. Is there any way to fix it?

When you die, instead of clicking "reset now" at the bottom, you can press tab to open the playerlist and click the three dots at the top left of the menu to open server actions. From there, you can choose to regenerate the same world (if you liked that worldgen) or start a completely new one if you are the host or an admin on a dedicated server. You can also use this to start votes in a public server or rollback a world (or dice roll if that's what you like doing).

3 minutes ago, Knowbodie said:

When you die, instead of clicking "reset now" at the bottom, you can press tab to open the playerlist and click the three dots at the top left of the menu to open server actions. From there, you can choose to regenerate the same world (if you liked that worldgen) or start a completely new one if you are the host or an admin on a dedicated server. You can also use this to start votes in a public server or rollback a world (or dice roll if that's what you like doing).

The problem I'm having is that when I click on reset now, it doesn't generate a different world. I'm also not hosting a dedicated server.

30 minutes ago, Choosechee said:

The problem I'm having is that when I click on reset now, it doesn't generate a different world. I'm also not hosting a dedicated server.

Maybe you didn't actually read my post thoroughly and only skimmed it, because I said that instead of pressing the button at the bottom, you can choose a different approach. Here are some visuals if you still don't understand:

Spoiler

step1.thumb.PNG.baab3aeb84016c7f2b1f36cfda1d6b3e.PNG

Step 1: Die and see that the world is resetting

step2.thumb.PNG.e83d20618551ec3ab0ca4bc4fe49c672.PNG

Step 2: Press tab to open the player list. Look for the server actions button.

step3.thumb.PNG.bc3bd2c6123d009f51b1c40ecf0d4c7d.PNG

Step 3: Locate Regenerate World. Regen Same World is what it says, it will create the same world with the same seed. These options are only available with [API] Gem Core, otherwise, world resets are always new worlds. Yes I tested with and without the mod.

step4.thumb.PNG.bc57af8b16fa6479cc6c739cbd48130d.PNG

Step 4: Verify that you clicked the right button. It should say, "destroy this world and start with a brand new one," implying that you'll have a brand new world to play in, versus the description of regen same world button which says "destroy this world and restart with the same world," which is self-explanatory.

Archived