Dedicated server up and running but not showing on browse server

Hello all,

Basically my dedicated server (hosted by me on a dedicated machine) was working fine until the Wigfrid character update today, looking at the console it kept repeating the same "registering master server to US lobby" every few seconds, so I ran the steamcmd update script and it fixed it, it now says "registering master server to US lobby" once or twice and stops, suggesting that it is up and running, I can run commands like c_regenerateworld() from the console and it works, but trying to search for the server in the browser does not work, its just not there, before the character update it worked perfectly, the only thing I modified was the name but still doesnt appear on the browser.

EDIT: after a few minutes after it starts, it prints the following on the Main console

Registering master server in US lobby

connect: Connection timed out

and this on the Cave console

[Shard] secondary shard LUA is now ready!

Sim paused

Registering secondary shard in US lobby

Help appreciated!

After 30 mins of uptime it prints the following onto the main console:

[200] Account Communication Success (6)
Recieved (mykleiID) from TokenPurpose

and stops, restarting doesn't fix, tried updating what I could update and still doesn't work.

how do I get the IP and port? is it the server's ip or is it my public ip? port I guess is the one in the cluster.ini

I just tried with my public IP and the server's IP and both say "attempted to call a nil value" im typing like this

c_connect(<190.*.*.*>,<10889>,[mypassword])

I also tried

c_connect(190.*.*.*,10889,mypassword)

and I did both of those with public IP and private IP

15 hours ago, happyllama25 said:

how do I get the IP and port? is it the server's ip or is it my public ip? port I guess is the one in the cluster.ini

I just tried with my public IP and the server's IP and both say "attempted to call a nil value" im typing like this

c_connect(<190.*.*.*>,<10889>,[mypassword])

I also tried

c_connect(190.*.*.*,10889,mypassword)

and I did both of those with public IP and private IP

That can be either your server's local IP, or the public Ip of your router (if you have port forwarding active).

If it says it's trying to call a nil value, it's probably due to missing quotation marks. Totally forgot about that, try

c_connect("IP address", port, "password")

which ends up being
c_connect("190.*.*.*", 10889 ,"mypassword")

grafik.png.4e926456268194072f47403fd8e14135.png

This is normal behaviour, essentially every 30 minutes it refreshes the token of your Account with the Klei Servers. Working as intended.

5 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

(if you have port forwarding active)

I dont have port forwarding but I can port forward, should I do that?

I tried doing the c_connect from the console but it says "Server not responding" and on the console it prints

The weird thing is that before the update it worked perfectly, me and my friends could join, everything just worked, then the update came and kinda broke it.

On 9/26/2020 at 5:26 PM, happyllama25 said:

I dont have port forwarding but I can port forward, should I do that?

It is generally recommended, curiously DST Servers often work just fine without as well. Try to see if it changes anything.

No idea what else it could be, maybe you'll have to tag the devs.

Archived