How to change a characters animation mid battle

u lil nerd

Hello, so I'm currently working on a character mod that features a new character with their own card series.  I was just wondering if it would be possible to change their animation, for example, Kashio has a glaive animation and flail animation, with a card I've created called "glaive_swap" can I change her animation from using the flail to the glaive mid battle with a card?  If so, how can I do that?

Ah I see, I've already checked that card in npc_kashio but I missed that the animations are already part of med_combat_flail_kashio, so all I had to do was create an object that stores which and what animations to change ie, idle1 to idle2.  Thank you.  Would it be possible to change animations to a whole new zip?

Hmmmm, there might be a function that allows you to change combat animation sets as most characters are compatible with different combat animations, and I doubt that they wouldn't have thought of this, so I'll be trying to find it after work today.  Let me know if you have any luck finding it as well!

Archived