Crash to Xbox home screen

Hello, I will preface this with a note that I love this game and I appreciate all the hard work the developers put into it. I've been enjoying it for years.

My wife and I recently had some time on our hands and decided to start playing this game together again. We had a world about a week ago that got to 42 days before we both fell to an untimely demise. We took a few days off and decided to exclusively play DST today. Unfortunately when we get to around the 14 day mark whoever is hosting crashes. We both have a copy of the game and play on separate consoles in the same room (bigger field of view). We have tried turning it off and back on again, rolling the save back, reinstalling the game, and switching which of us is the host. No matter what we do, at around the same point we can no longer advance the world without the game crashing to home screen. It's been quite frustrating as we are both achievement completionists, and this is restarting the clock on several goals.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Xanadu

Update: Continued attempts to host a server have resulted in crashes. We have both attempted moving our save file from internal to external drives. uninstalling and reinstalling yet again, and deleting ALL our save data on board and from the cloud. The end result is the same, crashing to Xbox home screen after ~16 days whether we are playing together, or separate.

I would appreciate this issue being acknowledged in some way. It appears that there was an update recently, that's the only thing that I see as having changed. Before it went live we had 0 problems playing for extended periods of time.

Edit: We have also cleared our cache for what that's worth.

Xanadu

Archived