noob question about DST mods

so I've been only playing single and now i want to play with my friends.

when I set up the server and activate server mods, does it apply it to all ppl that join, or do ppl have to also download those mods to be able to use its function?

comparing it to w3c, would it download automatically from host or have to manually download map and place it in folder?

On 7/23/2020 at 3:06 PM, umiedotre9 said:

so I've been only playing single and now i want to play with my friends.

when I set up the server and activate server mods, does it apply it to all ppl that join, or do ppl have to also download those mods to be able to use its function?

comparing it to w3c, would it download automatically from host or have to manually download map and place it in folder?appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

thanks for the reply. so if the said mod is downloaded when joining, does it actually save? to test i did join a room where about 20 mods were installed, but after playing a bit and quiting, i didnt see any update/change in my mod lists. does mod installed via server get treated differently/deleted when exiting server?

Usually, it works like this: All client mods only apply to people's individual games. Server mods will apply to everyone, and if someone doesn't have the mod and the mod requires everyone to have it, then DST will temporarily download it. When you leave the server, the mod will be deleted if you weren't subscribed to it before hand. This is why if you quit, you will not see the mods in your mods folder since they have already been removed. If you still don't get something, please respond, since lots of people don't really get this, it's a very specific topic :wilson_dead:

Edited by rawii22