Adjust Season Length mid-game? (Dedicated Server)

I have a dedicated server running on windows with just a few mods, it has been running fine.

We started the game with a "verylong" Autumn (50 days) to learn the game and give us time.

Now we would like to adjust the Autumn back to its default (20 days).

When i edit the values of "autumn" to "default" (from the previous "verylong") in worldgenoverride.lua (in Master) and then restart the server... it doesn't apply.

I have tried to google this, but failed, because a lot of the posts are from 2-3 years ago and the console commands don't seem to work, are deprecated, or are pre-update(?)

Thank you for any help.

The worldgenoverride.lua only applies settings on world generation, as the name implies. To change these settings afterwards you can use the console like this:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.autumn = "default"

Do make sure to do a backup of your save before tho, in case something goes wrong, as I have no idea what happens to the current time/world.

Thank you for your reply.

I will give it a try....

Will it permanently edit the values? (Thats what i would like)

Also, how do i edit the other settings, example adjusting Giant Monster setting etc?

What is the console command for those things?

Is it just:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.deerclops = "rare"

12 hours ago, b4z said:

Will it permanently edit the values?

Yes, it will permanently edit the set value for the save.

The settings will reset/load new from the worldgenoverride.lua when you generate a new world though.

12 hours ago, b4z said:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.deerclops = "rare"

Correct.

Archived