Server Not Responding (2020 Edition)

My husband and I are on the same network (private), literally a room away from each other. We've run both DST.exe and DS.exe as administrator, whitelisted both in our anti-virus and firewalls. We've had a friend host a game and we can both join their game.

If I host one, the friend can join but my husband can't.

If my husband hosts one, the friend can join but I can't. 

It shows an ??? in place of ping number when I'm trying to join my husband's game on online (but shows a ping of 51 when I'm playing LAN, but still won't connect)

We're not using dedicated servers (from what I can tell). Both games are updated (as well as Steam). We have the same mods and they're updated as well. We've played together constantly (from before the introduction of Wortox) but stopped a month after the formal addition of the Lunar Island. 

Long story short, we've been able to create and join each other's games, and now we can't, and I'm running into the message "Server Not Responding". I would very much appreciate some help with this issue, thank you.

If it’s any constellation prize to you, I’m having similar problems on Xbox.. trouble connecting to friends, trouble staying connected once established, if I had to guess Klei is working behind the scenes to update the game. We know that Return of Them: Troubled Waters is soon.., We also know that Klei added a whole bunch of new servers for whatever reason... 

They're up to something, I just haven’t got Walters Detective hat on to uncover what just yet.

Hopefully your issues resolve themselves with the next update though :) 

Archived