Dedicated Server, how promote players to admins

Greetings !
After doing some research on the net, and I apologize if I completely missed it, but I have failed to find any information concerning how to give admin rights to players on a dedicated server.

I think I understand I need to create an adminlist.txt somewhere, and paste in it the KU ID of the concerned player (for example : KU_4yHbwOHu).
However, my server is running via two folders, named DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld & DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves.

I have tried leaving a copy of my adminlist.txt in every possible folder, to no avail, and I would love to understand what I would be doing wrong.

Thank you ! 

The concept of copy and pasting KU ID into adminlist.txt is correct

I think you should check the path Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\adminlist.txt

neither Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master\

nor Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Caves\

which seems like for your case, put adminlist.txt into folder above your two 'server folders'(which i assume are master and cave?)

Don't forget to restart your server in order to get the adminlist applied and active

My server uses 2 different paths for the Master and Cave respectively :
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld\Cluster_1\Master\save
and
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves\Cluster_1\Master\save

I have put adminlist.txt in both of these paths. There's one in EasyConfigCaves and, EasyConfigOverworld, and in each of these folder's Cluster_1, Master and save, because I wanted to be sure that one of them would be correct somehow.

It didn't work even after a restart.

I'm quite confused !

13 hours ago, EzekielLeonhard said:

Small bump.
I would really need to figure this out for my DST community, I appreciate all help.
I'm really looking to understand more about that stuff.

Perhaps put adminlist.txt in Documents\Klei\

If this doesn't work, try to set your paths like others since your game might not be able to load adminlist.txt file due to 'different' style of paths.

Don't change folders around but try fresh install from the beginning.

Archived