Dedicated server failed to start

Hello Klei,

So... one day (a long while ago) I tried making a dedicated server for me and my friends to play with. The initial server could start up with no issues.
The problem came after I started to recreate a new one. (since my friends and I wanted to scrub the current one and start over).
So I think I may have tampered too much with the game files and that might have caused this issue.

Now I'm having issues starting any sessions (not dedicated). The game will still start up and run, but I can't load up worlds.
Any world, be it new or old. It just pops out an error stated in the title.

The first thing I tried doing is to verify the integrity of the game files through Steam. Didn't work.
So I thought it was some of the mods that might have interfered with the game (tho I don't think it was), so I unsubscribed to them. Also no luck.
Next I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling. Even deleting the save data located under documents (just for an extra thorough un-installation)
Nothing changed, so now I'm kinda stuck as to what to do to fix the problem.

Wondering if you could help me out with this issue.
I've attached the client_log.txt so it's easier to troubleshoot.
Lemme know if you need other files as well.

Reply soonest!

client_log.txt

On 6/18/2020 at 1:21 AM, FTYeaN said:

Next I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling. Even deleting the save data located under documents (just for an extra thorough un-installation)
Nothing changed, so now I'm kinda stuck as to what to do to fix the problem.

I think your save file might be okay. Perhaps try your save file on another pc?

Archived