Pressure density layer

Hello.

I'm a new player in the game (which I find really fun and challenging).
I still am in progress of learning all the different mechanisms and utilities, which is a challenge by itself.
During my playthrough, I've found myself many time in a situation where some of my duplicants have their eardrums bursted due to pressure density pockets of gas in the map.
The problem is, unlike temperature and germs, the game don't give the player a global image of  pressure density.

So, this is the idea: Is there a possibility to add some sort of pressure density layer in the game?
Not only this could help the player to detect gas pressure to avoid the kind of problem I've described, but could indicate matter density as well (to look for rich quantities for example).

Thank you for you reading.

Pressure and density layer/layers is indeed a good idea, especially for new players. Even though pressure mechanics are underused and limited (at least right now) there are several problems that you may want to avoid. Probably it would be good to have three layers: gas density, liquid density and solid density.

Gas density would allow to detect environment that is pressured enought to cause poped eardrums, pressured enought to stop gas geysers or with low enought density that the gas pump wouldn't be able to work efficiently. 

Liquid density could highlight pressured liquid, as well as showing the peak pressure adjacent solid tiles are able to hold. That would prevent surprise liquid pool breaches and help new players to figure out an efficient way to deal with this problem.

Solid density may show relative dencity of the solid tiles, and may be highlight debries according to their weight in relation to the average mass of tile composed from that material. 

Indeed, as a new player I still fail to see all the applications this kind of layer could affect/improve.
You highlighted some mechanisms I didn't thought about nor knew of.

I believe it could be an effective tool in the understanding of a global situation when playing, for all the reasons we both evoked.

Archived