Unable to create a Cave

Server Type: LinuxGSM

Tutorial followed to create the server: 
https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/dstserver/
Tutorial followed to create caves: https://docs.linuxgsm.com/game-servers/dont-starve-together

The server is running fine until and unless i came to know that caves are an important feature in the game. So i decided to add it and followed the entire guide properly which was in the linuxgsm tutorial page.

Then i started both the servers (first the world and then the cave) -

First scenario: After starting the server, it spawned me at Cave directly instead of spawning at normal world. Well i thought maybe i did something reverse so i went near the cave opening to go to the normal world but it showed locked/not available.
Second scenario: Added default created worldgenoverride.lua in both the "Master" and "Caves" folder. Result was same as above.
Third scenario: Removed worldgenoverride.lua from "Master" only. Then after starting the server it spawned me at Normal world. But unfortunately once again no cave linked.

I ensure that i have followed the entire guide properly and have everything as it shows and says but still not sure what's the issue...

folder.png

cluster.ini server(cave).ini server(master).ini worldgenoverride.lua

Sorry for a double post as i couldn't edit this post.
I installed from the beginning (clean) with this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ToNiO44/myworkshopfiles/?appid=322330&section=guides

Same problem, the sinkholes are closed and can't be opened.
Can someone please provide the proper method of creating a server with caves? It's been like 6-7 hours i have been doing this but no sing of luck.

Hello @lolabola I do not own an Ubuntu OS but from surface level I think the issues for each scenarios are...

SCENARIO 1: With the first scenario is you are missing the following server.ini instruction for the caves which is:

[SHARD]
is_master = false

While for the master server.ini needs the same line as true:

[SHARD]
is_master = true

SCENARIO 2: With regards to the worldgenoverride.lua, you'd have to c_reset() the world so the applied worldgenoverride.lua can take effect since the worlds (master and cave) were already previously generated PRIOR to adding the worldgenoverride.lua.

SCENARIO 3: Is a combination of scenario 1 and 2.

Concerning guides on creating dedicated servers, I recommend this:

Which doesn't require as many manual inputs and relies on the game client itself generating the necessary files you want and need for your dedicated server. AFAIK, this guide should still be viable even if it's a bit dated.

Hopefully I can help with troubleshooting even if I do not own/use Ubuntu myself. Don't hesitate to @mention me if problems arise.

2 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @lolabola I do not own an Ubuntu OS but from surface level I think the issues for each scenarios are...

SCENARIO 1: With the first scenario is you are missing the following server.ini instruction for the caves which is:

[SHARD]
is_master = false

While for the master server.ini needs the same line as true:

[SHARD]
is_master = true

SCENARIO 2: With regards to the worldgenoverride.lua, you'd have to c_reset() the world so the applied worldgenoverride.lua can take effect since the worlds (master and cave) were already previously generated PRIOR to adding the worldgenoverride.lua.

SCENARIO 3: Is a combination of scenario 1 and 2.

Concerning guides on creating dedicated servers, I recommend this:

Which doesn't require as many manual inputs and relies on the game client itself generating the necessary files you want and need for your dedicated server. AFAIK, this guide should still be viable even if it's a bit dated.

Hopefully I can help with troubleshooting even if I do not own/use Ubuntu myself. Don't hesitate to @mention me if problems arise.

Thank you for you kind reply! I tried the following above you said but unfortunately it's still the same. In fact, i do see 2 servers running in the browser by the same name. One shows "Forest" and the other shows "Caves" which seems the servers are running fine (i even joined both the server and teleported myself near a cave, it does not opens) but they are not linked to each other.
Actually i'm hosting the server from a Virtual machine else could have used the following guide you attached with your message.

@lolabola Oh, I forgot you also attached your cluster.ini and looking at it, you need to fill in the cluster_key.

Perhaps it'll be easier if you did it this way instead:

• Go to https://accounts.klei.com/account/game/servers?game=DontStarveTogether
  • Open link again
  • And at the bottom of the page write "My Server" for Cluster Name
  • Click Add New Server
  • Page will reload
  • Look for "My World" in the list and click Configure
  • Change any information you wish
  • Click Download settings
  • A .zip file called "MyDediServer" will be downloaded (this contains all the necessary server.inis and cluster.ini information)
  • Extract MyDediServer.zip file into the main folder of your dedicated server OR extract all contents as is and then manually transfer over each .ini file and don't forget the cluster_token.txt file.

Hey just got it working!!

worldgenoverride.lua should be there in both the folders i.e Master as well as Caves.

Here is the solution:

a) Master\server.ini 
    [SHARD]
     is_master = true

b) Caves\server.ini

[SHARD]
    is_master = false
    name = Caves

c) Run both the servers. If it sync properly then in console it should show World "......" is now connected.

d) Then from console type "c_regenerateworld()" to regenerate!!

2 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@lolabola awesome, all's well and good. Have fun, and thank you for reporting back your work around. In case anyone else has the same issue that fix just might help.

Cheers! 

Thank you! If you wouldn't have pin pointed out that Shard thing i would still be scratching my head haha! Take care and stay safe :)

Archived