Shadow duelist rework idea - Ranged attacks

I literally came up with this on the spot and I am on an extreme high off of my own ego because of how much of a genius idea this is

Basically shadow duelists are not practical right now because they get themselves killed easily. They attempt too kite but fail too adapt to there mobs kiting patterns because of there simple coding. How do we fix that? My original idea was too remove shadow duelists entirely or just make them adapt to every kiting pattern, but both are too complex and too lazy.

Make the shadow duelists deal ranged attacks instead. They could be more expensive too compromise, but overall do the same damage/attack speed and health but they just shoot shadow darts instead. Maybe there range can be limited so they have to risk getting close, and when they are approached by a mob they back up, so there still could be a risk, there is a lot of ways this can be balanced but the point is, ranged shadow duelists would be way more practical then melee duelists.

Archived