My opinion, Unity is a bad engine

Hello Klei users and creators, I have one disturbing question: Why did you make Oxygen Not Included on the Unity engine? Maybe you have some problems in the studio, but in my opinion, the Unity engine is not very good,
here you have Dont Starve made on its own engine, and it has no problems.

1. In all Unity games, there are stripes on the sides when the resolution is less than 1280x720 (4: 3)
2. In ONI just a terrible optimization, (I think the poor optimization is due to Unity.)
3. If you have the opportunity, try to optimize it, and it’s better to transfer it to your own engine, then there will be no problems at all (depending on how you make the engine).

I don’t want to load you even more, because you have a lot of other games, but please do something with optimization.
Of course, my laptop is not ideal, but when I start the game after reboot, 40-30fps hold on, but with time it gets lower and lower, there are many processes in the game, such as temperature, microbes, all sorts of buildings, biomes, blocks, just a lot counters!

Of course, I apologize if you do not have the capabilities, then at least give advice, if users know tips on the performance of the game, then also, please help.

Devs are doing their best to optymalize ONI, once every time there are proper updates.

Also - it doesn't seem to be good idea to change engine at this moment. Making ONI2 would be much cheaper, but this isn't something that community would gladly hear right now: "Hey guys, so we have this idea to try to make things more smooth... We will be working on ONI2 to implement this, see you in 3 years!"

15 minutes ago, pether said:

Devs are doing their best to optymalize ONI, once every time there are proper updates.

Also - it doesn't seem to be good idea to change engine at this moment. Making ONI2 would be much cheaper, but this isn't something that community would gladly hear right now: "Hey guys, so we have this idea to try to make things more smooth... We will be working on ONI2 to implement this, see you in 3 years!"

Well, then why did the developers make a game on Unity? you do not know?

Archived