Keagle

I can't add mods to my server. please help

Keagle    0
Posted (edited)

Hi! I am trying to start a modded server on windows and followed all these steps from 

I am able to run it perfectly but everytime i see the logs, it never shows the workshops being added.

Things i have tried -

1) i made a new modded game via the game client and copied and pasted their leveldataoverride.lua and modoverrides.lua 
2) i manually brought all the folders mods from steam/steamapps/common/dontStarveTogether/mods into the mods folder in dont starve together dedicated server

3) I have made sure the files are indeed lua files by changing file type to All Files and my pc recognizes them as LUA files. Additionally i did check for file name typos

4) i have attempted this solution 

I noticed that the LUA files are indeed being successfully loaded but somehow its not uploading any of the mods to the server.

Am i putting the mods or the files in the wrong file or is something have to do with wrong file directory regarding steamcmd when loading mods? I for sure have the modoverride lua files in both my master and cave folders. i also have the dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua file in the steam/steamapps/common/dont starve together dedicated server. Unless theres a typo there too?

I have attached server log, my mod override lua files and if anything else is needed please let me know. Any help is appreciated thank you!

modoverrides.lua

server_log.txt

Edited by Keagle

Keagle    0
39 minutes ago, Keagle said:

Problem was from i was changing the wrong dedicated server mods setup, i was changing in program files x86 instead of steamCMD

the fix was to steamCMD filepath instead of program files

MidrealmDM    103
On 3/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, Keagle said:

Problem was from i was changing the wrong dedicated server mods setup, i was changing in program files x86 instead of steamCMD

the fix was to steamCMD filepath instead of program files

I was having the same problem, but after following your instructions I still dont get enabled mod
I get the error ERROR: Failed to load modoverrides.lua

I have the modoverride lua files in both my master and cave folders

modoverrides.lua

server_log.txt

SOLVED: missing comma in the modovverrides

Edited by MidrealmDM