DST Dedicated Server Third Shard Bug

Hello DST Community!! 

I recently went down the rabbit hole of migrating a locally hosted multi lever server (overworld and caves) and getting it running on a dedicated server. It was an immense learning curve but all of the forum posts here really helped me get it sorted out. There were a few things on a couple guides that were a bit out to date, so I am thinking about making my own soon. 

I did find an interesting glitch and I am trying to find some resolve. I went through the painstaking process of getting a third shard up and running. Figuring out how to connect all the sinkholes was a massive pain, but I got it working thanks to Nuke's shard configuration mod and this forum post 

from @Ipsquiggle. 

I have my third shard running, an additional overworld, and connected all of my sets of portals properly (or atleast all of the ones I have discovered in my existing game) and can travel between all shards.

Here is the glitch:

When I transfer to shard 3 with WX-78 with full upgrades he arrives in the new world without any upgrades. Ok fine, I figured I can just spawn in a fresh set of gears with console commands to bandaid that bug. Nope, it just makes my health and sanity meters freak out (sometimes showing 100 sanity but at zero, something showing 100 health our of 400 as if I was resurrected 3 times with a tell tale heart) etc. Also there seems to be a global sandstorm. 

I regenerated a new third shard a few times, and it always had some crazy erroneous events like that, as well as defunct health, sanity, and hunger for the character. All of my character itedst debug zip.zipms persisted to the new shard however. 

This has really thrown me for a loop. I am wondering if the save data in my Master shard doesn't correspond with this new shard? Does my new third shard being originally generated as a Master file since it is overworld have something to do with this? I am very confused by most of this. I have a computer engineering degree but the architecture of these save files is very ambiguous and the documentation is really light. 

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.  I attached all of my server folder directories in a zip. This is without me running the shard configuration mod and trying to manual link all the portals. I am sure that may be some of the issue. 

Thanks in advance! 

Also, as a way to pay it forward, anyone can feel free to reach out about how to get the dedicated server initial set up done the way I did if you need assistance! 

1 hour ago, NastyNateDag said:

Hello DST Community!! 
dst debug zip.zip
I recently went down the rabbit hole of migrating a locally hosted multi lever server (overworld and caves) and getting it running on a dedicated server. It was an immense learning curve but all of the forum posts here really helped me get it sorted out. There were a few things on a couple guides that were a bit out to date, so I am thinking about making my own soon. 

I did find an interesting glitch and I am trying to find some resolve. I went through the painstaking process of getting a third shard up and running. Figuring out how to connect all the sinkholes was a massive pain, but I got it working thanks to Nuke's shard configuration mod and this forum post 

from @Ipsquiggle. 

I have my third shard running, an additional overworld, and connected all of my sets of portals properly (or atleast all of the ones I have discovered in my existing game) and can travel between all shards.

Here is the glitch:

When I transfer to shard 3 with WX-78 with full upgrades he arrives in the new world without any upgrades. Ok fine, I figured I can just spawn in a fresh set of gears with console commands to bandaid that bug. Nope, it just makes my health and sanity meters freak out (sometimes showing 100 sanity but at zero, something showing 100 health our of 400 as if I was resurrected 3 times with a tell tale heart) etc. Also there seems to be a global sandstorm. 

I regenerated a new third shard a few times, and it always had some crazy erroneous events like that, as well as defunct health, sanity, and hunger for the character. All of my character itedst debug zip.zipms persisted to the new shard however. 

This has really thrown me for a loop. I am wondering if the save data in my Master shard doesn't correspond with this new shard? Does my new third shard being originally generated as a Master file since it is overworld have something to do with this? I am very confused by most of this. I have a computer engineering degree but the architecture of these save files is very ambiguous and the documentation is really light. 

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.  I attached all of my server folder directories in a zip. This is without me running the shard configuration mod and trying to manual link all the portals. I am sure that may be some of the issue. 

Thanks in advance! 

Also, as a way to pay it forward, anyone can feel free to reach out about how to get the dedicated server initial set up done the way I did if you need assistance! 

Archived