Help, add mode in Server failed.

I've done all steps in the guides. Including:

1 ...\steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods\dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua

added:

ServerModSetup("375859599")

2 ...\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master(and Caves)\modoverrides.lua

return {
  ["workshop-375859599"]={
    configuration_options={
      divider=5,
      random_health_value=0,
      random_range=0,
      send_unknwon_prefabs=false,
      show_type=0,
      unknwon_prefabs=1,
      use_blacklist=true 
    },
    enabled=true 
  } 
}

I copied from a server in the DST server, and it works correct in DST server (not delicated)

3 ..\steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods\workshop-375859599

i found the mod cannot be downloaded automaticly, so i copy from ..\steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-375859599

It didn't work,in the log:

[00:00:02]: loaded modindex    
[00:00:02]: ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence for dedicated server.

[00:00:02]: DownloadMods(0)
[00:00:02]: Event data unavailable: lavaarena_event_server/lavaarena_achievement_quest_defs
[00:00:03]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS
[00:00:03]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue    
[00:00:03]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history    
[00:00:03]: ServerPreferences could not load server_preferences    

I've tried many times, but i don't know what's wrong.

The server could run, we can join and play, but no mod is activated, why?

Hello @readm, welcome to the forums.

Does the mod files specifically have typo in their configurable settings? Cause in modoverrides.lua you have:

send_unknwon_prefabs=false,
      show_type=0,
      unknwon_prefabs=1,

Should it really be written as "unknwon"? Perhaps that's causing failure for the modoverrides.lua to push through.

I finally solved the problem and wrote here if anyone needs that.

It is a very strange problem:

In my start script (under my disk D:):

g:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit
cd /D "g:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin"
start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master
start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

The dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua is not valid.

BUT! if we del the cd line, and put the script directly in the correct path, it works.

Why? 

@readm is the startup script (commonly called "StartDSTServers.bat") originally located in your files like this:

D:\StartDSTServers.bat

BUT then your workaround is to put the script in the same folder as dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer which is in "g:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin" AND then deleting the full line of "cd /D "g:\......"?

If the start script is NOT in the same folder as the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe, (like you had originally) the last two lines of the script should fail since the script cannot find the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe in the ROOT folder that the batch file is WITHOUT first pathing to it with the "cd /D..." command.

AFAIK, when a .bat file (batch file) is executed it operates the same way you operate the command prompt on windows (press Win Key then type "cmd" and press enter). Without first pathing to the folder you need(with "cd /D", or "C:" to go to drive c, etc), you cannot run a program from a folder elsewhere on your PC. A lot of this mumbo jumbo can be learned if we really dive into creating Batch Files but sadly I only know a bit about it so any more technically advanced questions than that I would not be able to answer. That's already delving into programming lessons.

But good thing you got it to work, so thank you for posting your workaround.

15 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@readm is the startup script (commonly called "StartDSTServers.bat") originally located in your files like this:

D:\StartDSTServers.bat

BUT then your workaround is to put the script in the same folder as dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer which is in "g:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin" AND then deleting the full line of "cd /D "g:\......"?

If the start script is NOT in the same folder as the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe, (like you had originally) the last two lines of the script should fail since the script cannot find the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe in the ROOT folder that the batch file is WITHOUT first pathing to it with the "cd /D..." command.

AFAIK, when a .bat file (batch file) is executed it operates the same way you operate the command prompt on windows (press Win Key then type "cmd" and press enter). Without first pathing to the folder you need(with "cd /D", or "C:" to go to drive c, etc), you cannot run a program from a folder elsewhere on your PC. A lot of this mumbo jumbo can be learned if we really dive into creating Batch Files but sadly I only know a bit about it so any more technically advanced questions than that I would not be able to answer. That's already delving into programming lessons.

But good thing you got it to work, so thank you for posting your workaround.

I didn't del the "cd ..." line before I move the script to the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe and the server can run normally. But without the mods.

I'm a programmer so I know how it works.  I post this since I can't understand why the problem happens. And it may help the developers.

The original path of the .bat script is "D:\Users\myname\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether", I wrote only D: to show that maybe the problem is due to the script and server are in the different disk?

The way I have come up with the solution because I notice that if I run the server in Steam, the mods are downloaded in the log. Then I try to run it in the server folder, the mods are downloaded as well. BUT, if use the .bat, the server will run without the mods.

I think this may be due to some environment(like different disks)? I can't run it in Steam because it misses the caves. So I need to use .bat to run two processes. So I try to move the .bat to the server folder. This problem takes me more than one day, sad.

Archived