On Tentacles Spawn 0 - 1 tentacle per cast

I have made multiple tentacle traps around the world but for some reason, they aren't spawning tentacles at max efficiency. Each trap is an 8x8 grass wall setup using a bone helm and 5 books. The first few casts give me three tentacles per but afterwards I see 0-1 rising from the ground each cast. Any explanation?

simple spawnable area. the early tentacles take up the prime spawn spots when created, and the rest of the tentacles get cancelled by the earlier spawns, eventually leading to that drop off in production...however, given how 5 books can mutilate a RAID BOSS...it doesn't necessarily matter unless they're only spawning one or flat out no hentai monsters. it's a minor detail. but unless there is massive amounts of planning in your tentacle traps to maximize spawnable area for tentacles, or flat out just standing a not-safe-distance from the tentacles, it's nothing to fret about.

39 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

simple spawnable area. the early tentacles take up the prime spawn spots when created, and the rest of the tentacles get cancelled by the earlier spawns, eventually leading to that drop off in production...however, given how 5 books can mutilate a RAID BOSS...it doesn't necessarily matter unless they're only spawning one or flat out no hentai monsters. it's a minor detail. but unless there is massive amounts of planning in your tentacle traps to maximize spawnable area for tentacles, or flat out just standing a not-safe-distance from the tentacles, it's nothing to fret about.

Would items remove the amount of spawnable area on the trap? My primary use for the trap is to kill a bunch of treeguards automatically everytime I do a wood collection using fuelweaver. I leave all the drops on the trap so I just want to make sure it isnt affecting much.

uhm...not that i believe. they can only not spawn on things like broken grass walls, but they will spawn on top of random drops. best to clean up before you have a metric...uhm, tryna think of an innuendo that won't get censored...anyways, you should get everything before you can get smacked repeatedly by all the tentacles and possibly the shadow creatures 

Archived