Consumables tab item cards

Why are the item cards on the consumables tab so oddly sized, and poorly placed?! There are huge blanks lines in-between sentences and it's placed so close to the top of the window that a bunch of the cards get the tops cut off, ie. muckrooot and hexelant fruit. I can't see the 'available' kcal count for a bunch of them. Is there a fix for this? I tried google and looked for a mod but it seems like maybe I am the only one with the problem?

13 hours ago, Janellope said:

a bunch of the cards get the tops cut off, ie. muckrooot and hexelant fruit.

I also see this on my installation, so you’re not the only one.

i do not know what you exactly mean by oddly sized and poorly placed. All tooltips (cards as you call them) appear centered above the food icon, the bottom of tooltip being at the top of the icon, and the tooltip being as wide as the widest text line.

The problem is with food descriptions with 3 or more lines. Or perhaps you mean the spaces between each description line:

———

Food

Available: x

Morale: y

(space)

Description first line

(space)

Description second line

(space)

Description third line

———

Either way, the top of tall tooltips get cutoff.

The space between the lines coupled with the fact that the bottom of the card starts at the icon, meaning it travels up the screen where it gets cut-off instead of down from the icon, preventing cut-off. Also, as the consumables tab is also at the top of the screen and is not movable... All of these placement decisions results in the clear result of the info being cut-off. If the tab was further down the screen, if there was not additional space between lines, if the cards top left corner was where the icon was... any of these by themselves would have solved the issue.

Archived