Mobs moving whilst attacking

Looking through both the dragonfly.lua & dragonflybrain.lua I couldnt seem to find where the dragonfly gets its ability to attack while it's still pursuing you. I was hoping I could apply this feature to a few other mobs to sort of just test and **** around with it for fun. Any help/thoughts?

The only reason i could find is the fact she's the only one who her attack animation is just swinging her arm while her wings are still moving, so since she's flying she can just attack while moving, pigs and others attack animations require the entity to be standing since there's no animation of the mob attacking while walking. If a pig could attack while moving he would be just sliding.

This might be something that should be on mod help but to my knowledge it's caused by dragonfly NOT possessing a line of code other mobs have.

image.thumb.png.71745d88687c99125b2706a193f1d287.png

image.thumb.png.ba8ca252ded94bfcb57da210f1c1f823.png

Both of these are part of each mobs' stategraph files (SGpig.lua and SGdragonfly.lua).

As you can see dragonfly lacks inst.Physics:Stop().

I think this is what prevents enemies from moving while attacking like dragonfly does, but I could be wrong.

Archived