How to allow another player to join my game when I altered a character mod?

Hello!

I altered the stats of a character mod whose art was made by another person, and I want to use him in a world with my friend but it won't allow her to join the world since I changed the mod. I don't want to put it on the workshop cause it's essentially the exact same as the original one made by the other person except with different stats. What can I do that will allow her to join my world?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, ferretjesus said:

Hello!

I altered the stats of a character mod whose art was made by another person, and I want to use him in a world with my friend but it won't allow her to join the world since I changed the mod. I don't want to put it on the workshop cause it's essentially the exact same as the original one made by the other person except with different stats. What can I do that will allow her to join my world?

Thanks!

Upload it and hastily go to its page and mark it as "Friend Only". That oughta do it. Alternatively if you give her the file directly it will work. As long as the modinfo.lua don't conflict, the game will assume they're the same mod and it'll work just fine.

Edited by Mr. Tiddles