Lunar island idea: Stalkers and Eye-brats

I love dont starve together and I love the plethora of new things being added seemingly every day but I’ve got an idea for a mob-or perhaps a mini-boss mob to make things a bit more interesting and challenging for moon loving explorers in the don’t starve community and boy do I wanna suggest it to hopefully see it in-game. I want a real challenge and the ease of gathering food or new resources seems too easy!! Lets change that a little, shall we?

you read the name, and yeah it’s a play on words as per many of dont starves love able monsters and critters, the Stalker

The stalker is the lunar islands version of a lureplant-BUT-The moons effect upon the plant life has turned the lure plant from a simple, idle predator-to a voracious on the prowl veggie-terror.

The Stalk-er is a more rare mob, which is hostile compared to its non-lunar counterpart, and will easily chase down unfortunate victims that cross its path in the lunar landscape. Stalkers can be found in either random places across the lunar biome or around resources that voyaging players will find useful such as glass fields and such waiting as untriggered lure-plants. Lureplant planted on the lunar island will also become stalkers too!

boasting a variety of attacks, the Stalker is a vicious and relentless unless one manages (somehow) to escape it with speed or its early demise.

stalkers attack methods are as follows-

Vine tongue-once a harmless lure now a nasty whip with a fair range, stalkers will use their tongue to go for those who prefer the “Afar” method of attack.

Eyefield-a field of rye plants appear! Simple-if they didn’t rip their tiny root-like legs from the ground and chase after players, having the same hp and damage output as their idle counterparts and serving a similar purpose as birchnutdrakes.

Bite-the most basic if not most brutal attack the stalkers have. 

leaf swing-like getting clawed from the bearger, stalkers will strike with their sharp front leaf-mitts and gladly cut players up.

Upon death, stalkers drop 3 leafy meat, 4 rope and a normal Lureplant bulb.

some pictures of the design of such a monster can be found below.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived