Hopes for a Switch release; how well did the others do?

After the launch of Don't Starve Together and Mark of the Ninja on the Nintendo Switch, I've not heard of any other planned releases. Invisible Inc. is the top indie game I would like to see ported as well. So I tried to get a feel for how well Klei Games has been doing on the Switch, and how likely another release would be.

So far, I've got pretty much nothing to show for it. The top sellers according to this Wikipedia article only includes the games for which sales were published, which publishers don't tend to do. Don't Starve and Mark of the Ninja are not on there. Klei Games also does not sell stock as far as I can tell, so I can't even see how the company's general value is doing either.

Best I can do, is that the number of Steam reviews for Don't Starve Together is more than tenfold the number of Invisible Inc. reviews. So the bar for releasing Invisible Inc. seems significantly higher in terms of projected sales. On the development side however, I don't know how much harder or easier the game is to port compared to the others.

So overall, I don't have a clue.

Cheers.

Archived