lead-acid battery generator/chemical generator

so I don't have any of the skills or knowledge on how to create a mod .

but here is my idea.

low energy output long-lived energy source putting out anywhere between 100 and 400 units.

building requirements: mid game or mid to late game research level. 500 kg of a refined resource for the durability and other modifiers and 500 kg of lead.

fuel sources water sulfur and maybe lead

I was thinking something along the lines of 1 kg each being consumed at 1g a second can be scaled up or down for balancing

byproducts if any I'm not sure what to put here I would assume some heat and I know that the process in reality supposably offgases hydrogen and oxygen but is generally lost to the energy cells

for animation and imagery :I would just use one of the original batteries and recolor them a dark metallic grey or make a oversized  AA battery in a little container

The active positive plate material of a lead-acid battery is lead dioxide, while the active negative plate material is metallic lead; the electrolyte is sulphuric acid, produced from sulphur, water and oxygen. If we don't want to get into adding elements and either new buildings or non-space molecular forge recipes, I'd suggest constructing the battery primarily of plastic, with lead, sulphur, and oxylite as additional materials, then generate an errand to load the device with a starting amount of water once it's constructed.

In essence, the device is a reverse electrolyzer. Hydrogen from the sulphuric acid combines with oxygen from the lead dioxide, forming water, while the sulphate component of the acid attaches to the lead on the plates. Electricity is produced in the process, driven mainly by the energy released in water formation.

Charging the battery separates produced water into hydrogen and oxygen, dislodging sulphate from the lead so it can recombine with hydrogen and replacing oxygen onto the positive plate. Applying more energy than the battery can store results in it acting like a conventional electrolyzer: consuming stored water to release hot oxygen and hydrogen gas, screwing up gas management, adding excess heat, and possibly putting it out of service until the water is topped up.

If you're looking for a primary battery/fuel cell type application and want to handwave as much of the chemistry as reasonably possible, one new element - lead sulphate (industrial ingredient, or possibly metal ore but I don't recommend it) - would be required. The device would consume lead, sulphur and oxylite, and produce lead sulphate and a small amount of surplus water. The lead sulphate could then be reduced back to lead at a metal refinery.

that would give oxylite another use besides oxygen production

after looking at some of the generators again I realize that the amount that I was originally thinking of was too small and way too unbalanced

so I probably would also increase the amount of consumption to 100 grams which is one tenth of majority of all the generators.

so what I was originally thinking of would work something along the lines of the wood burner but instead of feeding it wood you would feed it lead sulfur and water and it would seem it at a much slower pace . I figured this would give us a use for sulfur seeing that as far as I know you can get it as a by-product of converting sour gas into Natural Gas and right now it has no uses and have not seen a single mod that gives it a use.

so here's what I'm thinking now

version 1 of the chemical generator

due to the generator inefficient it generates quite a bit of heat and small amounts of excess gases as a byproduct

building requirements: tr3 power regulation 300kg of a  metal ore for the durability and other modifiers and 700 kg of lead.

fuel sources water and sulfur 100g  per second each

outputs 200 watts of power 25g hydrogen and oxygen +5kDTU/s

version 2 of the chemical generator

slightly more efficient than its predecessor but still generates a decent amount of heat and creates water and lead sulphate as by-product

building requirements: tr5 power regulation 100 kg of plastic 300kg of a  refined metal for the durability and other modifiers and 600 kg of lead.

fuel sources  lead, sulphur and oxylite 100g  per second each

outputs 500 watts of power 75g  water and 100g lead sulphate per second each +7kDTU/s

Archived