Character not visible

So, I think I am done with my code, but for some reason my character is invisible... I tried to find a problem but I just can't. I checked every file name if everything is correct, but I guess I am just blind.

I would appreciate help with that. If anyone wants to help, just tell me what to do to fix it ;-;

Edited by Veketh

I am not sure if this is all you wanted but In those Cluster folders I had #1 and #2 but client log wasn't in both of them as it supposes to be ;-;

And I couldn't find server_log.txt, so I just put in the only server file (I found where this txt file should be).

Yuuto.rar

Edited by Veketh

The client_log.txt is not in the "Cluster" folders. It's in the parent folder, C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether, and there is only one of those. Only the server_log.txt files are present for each cluster (though, if you're running a non-caves game alone, there won't be any, since it will all be printed in the client log).

It spams this error a few times, so it's definitely something with your animations.

Could not find anim build yuuto

But as far as I can see on the files in your zip, it's all looking good.

Edited by Ultroman

I would double-check that the folder you have in the game's "mods" folder is the same as the folder you sent to me (minus the server.ini and client_log.txt. The game's error seems to indicate that either the folder structure is wrong, or the files are missing in the "anim" folder, or your code is different.

@Ultroman Well... I think I know what the problem is, but on the bad side, I have no idea how to fix it...  When I upload my character mod onto the steam workshop and then play it(as a dlc[mod]) my character isn't showing.

If you got any ideas of how to fix THAT I would be grateful.

Edited by Veketh

It was also invisible for me. I'm not sure why this happened, but I have found a solution.

You already have a "yuuto.zip" and "ghost_yuuto_build.zip" in your "anim" folder. It doesn't work with those. Since you included the "exported" folder in the zip to me, it automatically recompiled those two files when I started the game (since I have Don't Starve Mod Tools installed). I don't know why, though. When the files are already present, it shouldn't recompile them, but I guess it could see that the files were not right, and decided to recompile and overwrite them. That's why it worked for me with the zip you sent me.

For some reason, the zip files in the "anim" folder which you are publishing with your mod, are twice the size of the recompiled zip files. Since they should have been compiled by you using the same method (the correct method, which is to have your "exported" folder set up, and then when you start the game while having Don't Starve Mod Tools installed, it automatically compiles the zip files for you into the "anim" folder) I do not understand why your original zips are much larger.

Nevertheless, you should be able to get the same results as me, if you simply copy your whole mod folder into the "mods" folder, including the "exported" folder, and delete the "anim" folder, and then start up the game, it should recompile the animation files for you, and your mod should work.

If you can't get it to work, here are the resulting files, but it would probably give you more peace if you could figure out how to make them properly by yourself.

yuuto.zip

ghost_yuuto_build.zip

asdasdhsdgh.... you don't know how grateful I am right now... like... I am actually crying... from the start of my character making I NEVER actually have seen my character (even it's templated form) but now... I... I just don't have words, thank you so much... if not you, I would actually through this project out of the window

I am very happy to have helped you on this (at the end) joyous project :) I hope that it hasn't scared you away, but instead has spurred you on to try your hand at more things. You just gotta keep at it when it's teasing, because it will almost always end up working. Especially when you're not above asking for help.

Did you eventually fix it without using my compiled files? Did you get it to compile correctly for yourself?