Some Issues about Mod Tools

I downloaded "Don't Starve Mod Tools" from Steam to compile some pictures for a mod that I am working on

But I find that every time I start the game, the compiler is automaticlly launched, doing some boring thing

and I find this kind of bothering, but I don't want to uninstall the tools because maybe I will need it

I tried to set some configuration on the Mod Tools but failed finnaly, I don't know where the config option is.

And I'm wondering if anyone had the same problem and knows how to solve this, hopefully he or she can help me out

Since English is not my native language,  the expression maybe a little bit confusing, sorry about this, but feel free to ask me if you get confused

QQ图片20190826170842.png

I've actually found the solution to this recently. In your DoNotStarve folder which should be by default on a Windows system be located in the Klei folder in Documents, there should be a config file named I think "settings" or something. Open that file up in a text editor like Notepad++ and look for something like "AUTOCOMPILER = true". Change that true to a false and you should have no more autocompiler on startup!

If this was all hard to follow I can make a slightly more in-depth guide later when I have some free time with access to my computer. Hope this helped!

EDIT: If what you are doing is for Don't Starve Together and not Don't Starve, I don't know if this will help with that. I haven't looked into finding the solution to this for Don't Starve Together yet, but if I do I'll report back about it.

3 hours ago, Ultroman said:

Then you have to turn that on again, though, when you want auto-compiling of your textures and such.

Mmm... not really. You could just make a shortcut of the autocompiler and put it on your desktop so you can start the program manually. That's what I do at least.

On 2019/8/27 at 1:29 AM, Portmanteau said:

I've actually found the solution to this recently. In your DoNotStarve folder which should be by default on a Windows system be located in the Klei folder in Documents, there should be a config file named I think "settings" or something. Open that file up in a text editor like Notepad++ and look for something like "AUTOCOMPILER = true". Change that true to a false and you should have no more autocompiler on startup!

If this was all hard to follow I can make a slightly more in-depth guide later when I have some free time with access to my computer. Hope this helped!

EDIT: If what you are doing is for Don't Starve Together and not Don't Starve, I don't know if this will help with that. I haven't looked into finding the solution to this for Don't Starve Together yet, but if I do I'll report back about it.

That's cool! It worked! Thanks a lot!!!

Archived