Help with making raw meat not take sanity away

Hello!

So I’m rather new to the modding scene but have gotten stuck on trying to mod in a single feature for a character of mine I’m working on, it won’t be made public but it’s more of a passion project for myself really.

Anyways, my issue is that despite the many posts I’ve checked out in the forum and tried the code, I can’t seem to get anything to work at all, and I’ve inserted the code in the right places. I’m trying to remove the 10 sanity loss that eating any raw meat induces and change it to either a 0 increase or at least 5. Though that’s my current focus, I also do want to buff the hunger the raw meat restores by a little bit(maybe same as cooked meat).

What happens whenever I try inserting code to get it to work is the first case where my game just shut itself off and the modded character completely disappeared from character selection, but I was able to fix this by fixing the code format and the mod character came back and could be selected. However the code doesn’t seem to have the neutral impact on the sanity that I wanted.

Hello and welcome to the world of DS / DST modding :)

Since you are new, I would strongly recommend reading the newcomer post. It has a bunch of information which should ease your entry into this beast that is modding for these games. Particularly the debugging advice is priceless.

I've done something similar for other people before. It's not easy to make affect different characters differently. You kind of have to do a workaround. This is the easiest way, but it's not pretty. If you want to change the effect of other food items, as well, here's another approach.