Can't find server after recent update?

After the update rolled out, I updated Steam, the game, and the dedicated server. I turned on the server to test that it was still working and it was. I connected to it and ran around a bit just to make sure. All good. A few hours later it's gone from the lobby.

The command prompt says it's connected to the lobby. Nothing has changed since this afternoon, it's just gone and I have no idea why.

I am running into this issue as well. 

I run my dedicated server on a ubuntu VM.

I updated using steam CMD and then started both the overworld and caves server in each their own screens per the same set up from before. Both servers started without issue and indicated they were connected to one another and to steam.

I could not find them in the server browser and when I to connect via command line in the client it gave a version mismatch error. I validated my client files and checked my server logs and saw my client's connection be rejected.

I have updated and restarted the server several times in the past few hours.

I'm running a dedicated server on Linux without issues using steamcmd. It doesn't seem to be a build/steamcmd issue.

Are you by any chance running either the server or the client on the beta branch?

On 17.8.2019 at 3:56 AM, BlueCorvid said:

I turned on the server to test that it was still working and it was. I connected to it and ran around a bit just to make sure. All good. A few hours later it's gone from the lobby.

That sounds like your client got an update that the server doesn't have (yet).

17 hours ago, addicted2pawn said:

i changed my dedicated server to use DST:Dedicated in steam and not SteamCMD and that worked.

I don't know what this means. Is this a setting somewhere in the config files?

13 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

That sounds like your client got an update that the server doesn't have (yet).

As I said in the original post, I updated everything at the same time. I didn't update the client again in between testing it and trying to play on it later or I would be much less confused.

It is still not working for me either. As best as I can tell, I am not on any sort of different branch on either the client or server side. 

When I try to connect using c_connect([server login stuff]) It still tells me the server is on an older version. This is seconds after doing an update via steamcmd, then starting the overworld and caves.

Archived