Overflow damage and ending negotiations early

With how the game currently works, AoE attacks can be really devastating when dealing with arguments, and are great for burning through bounties to get some extra money from doing jobs. That being said, a problem occurs when you get TOO good and your overflow damage from destroying these things eats at their resolve and in some cases I've had negotiations end before I even had a chance to do anything with my followers bashing the opponent when I try to get money and...I can't get any extra money because of that.

I feel like with AoE attacks and such, they should all resolve before ending the negotiation.

Example of how it currently works:
-Opponent has 10 resolve left, and four bounties with 3 resolve.
-I use an AoE attack for 7 damage on all targets
-Main argument takes 7 damage, Bounty 1 takes 7 damage and is destroyed with 4 overflow
-Negotiation immediately ends because the 4 overflow took out the primary argument,

Example of how I feel like it should work:
-Opponent has 10 resolve left, and four bounties with 3 resolve.
-I use an AoE attack for 7 damage on all targets
-Main Argument takes 7 damage
-Bounty 1 is destroyed with 4 overflow, is applied to main argument which is 'defeated' but negotiation does not end (currently -1)
-Bounty 2 is destroyed with 4 overflow, etc (Currently -5), repeat with the other 3 (Main argument -11)
-After all damage is resolved, the negotiation ends (maybe have a bonus for being "extra convincing" for ending a negotiation with huge overflow damage of like 10 or more)

And on the flipside where your starting effects would immediately end a negotiation (Argument has 10 resolve, your followers and Grafts start the negotiation with like 10 damage), they should at most reduce the opponent's resolve to 1, so you can at least do something.

From what I've seen, while the negotiation seemingly stops as soon as the core resolve is down to 0, the whole turn is processed anyway and you gain all bounties that you would have gained. Look at how much money they add.

I do agree for followers, though, as they will sometimes wreck the opponent before you can do anything, meaning that in this specific case, you can't get bounties.

Archived