Cluster token spontaneously becomes invalid after a few hours of play? (Solved?)

I followed instructions and got a working dedicated server set up last night, but when I tried it the next day, I couldn't connect. I checked it and it said the token was invalid, so I generated a new one and tested it -- everything worked fine. My friend and I connected and played for about two hours and and then when I went into a cave (not for the first time -- I had been in and out of them previously) it disconnected me. I went and checked the server and it said the token was invalid again.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.

I kept searching and eventually found another guide with a current way to generate a cluster token (most of the guides I found were outdated) and managed to generate a new token through the Account button on the main menu. This token works fine. I still don't know why generating it in-game didn't work, but at least I have a working server now.

Archived