How do I add custom items with their own perks, and how do i change my custom characters perks?

Hi, I followed the custom character mod and made a character, but i dont know how to code his perks (make them function in-game), and I want to know how to ADD custom items into the game. I also want to make it so that my character loses a certain value of sanity when killing something that isnt a monster (a rabbit, beefalo, bird, etc), how do i do that? And back to the custom item. I want to add a wearable magic donut (weird, i know) that emits a small amount of light, can be eaten for a bonus to all stats, OR that can be haunted to respawn (resulting in the donut getting destroyed). If hat items can’t be coded to be eaten, then im fine with it being a food item too. Can anyone help guide me for where i need to go in the files or what i have to do? Thanks.

heres pictures of my character and perks to help you understand it a little more.

5BA29499-F1E0-4E99-920F-43FAA2636709.png

F86C78C2-4EC5-44FA-A0EE-AF21CDFF9CA0.png

Edited by Durdz

add custom items into the game.
- check existing characters that have items exclusive to them - wathgrithr.lua , wickerbottom.lua, etc.

loses a certain value of sanity when killing something that isn't a monster
- again, wigfird is similar to that (gaining when she does kill a monster) check wathgrithr.lua

Magic donut
- sound like you want a food item that can be equipped
Again the best first approach is to think of an existing item that does something similar and check the code for that.
Look at Life giving amulet = revives player when haunted
Look at Telltale heart = revives player and lowers health cap
glow is easy,
    inst.entity:AddLight()
    inst.Light:Enable(true)
    inst.Light:SetFalloff(.7) -- I believe this affects how quickly the light dims as it approaches the limit of the radius, I haven't experimented with it..
    inst.Light:SetColour(150 / 255, 150 / 255, 150 / 255) -- these are RGB values that set the color
    inst.Light:SetIntensity(0.5) -- brightness of light
    inst.Light:SetRadius(1.0) -- radius of light