Need a mentor to create a mod. (not hurry)

Hi,
I play sometimes, with friends, to DST. It's a funny game with many details. But I love even more create things. And I have started to think about modding. For the moment I am realistic, I know I am not going to do something great without pain and suffuring. xD
I have started to look at the game code and how it works.
I found on the Klei forum a guide to create a character with templates, but its date back 2015 ^^ and templates don't work anymore even without code modifications.

So I can't do a mod alone. And I don't have the time (and desire) to learn all by myself. I think communication is a good thing and many of your made mods, maybe someone could coatch me ? It's better than a tuto on internet because we can interact. I am going to look to the posts in

" Home >Forums >Don't Starve Together  >[Don't Starve Together] Mods and Tools " to learn somethings by myself and don't be full useless if someone help me.

It's not hurry because I have some exams soon and I must be focus on them. But if someone could help me from Jully, it could be great.

Thanks for reading. :)

Hey dude, and welcome to the world of DS/DST modding :)

I have no time to tutor anyone, and I doubt you'll find somebody here to do that. We all got here by sticking our noses in the mud and plowing through until we...well...got things working :D I still have trouble figuring out this game's code, but there IS a lot of it, which is also one of the reasons why it's difficult to do good tutorials. The code is so flexible, that almost any template mod would become huge, if it were to demonstrate all the capabilities, so small, generic, structural templates are needed, and then people can fill in any extra code they want. Sadly, we have very few of those, and the big tutorials become out-dated quickly due to covering too much, and Klei (awesomely) adding new things all the time.

All I can offer you, is an entry point. My newcomer post has a lot of good information for when you're first starting out, it has a few sample mods, and links to great places on the forum to find more information and tutorials. If a tutorial doesn't work, try kicking it, and see what it complains about, and come ask us about it ;)