Suggested tweak: foliage

Hi Klei,

I noticed that foliage is non-renewable in Hamlet. and considering it is now an essential part of the crock-pot recipe for Steamed Ham Sandwich, I thought that foliage should be able to regrow in the cave clefts in the same way as flowers regrow. Similarly, the flippable rocks also do not regenerate/reset, meaning that gummy slugs and bean bugs, and by extension their crock-pot recipes are also non-renewable into the late game. I feel like this is a great disservice to the flavour of Hamlet (please enjoy the pun), as initially you have this bright exciting world with all these new recipes and foods, and then eventually you are left with a world where you have to default to meatballs and pierogi again and you are literally unable to craft a good third of the Hamlet exclusive recipes. 

(completely unimportant side note:) I also made another suggestion previously for potentially another/more crockpot use for foliage, or additional crafting recipes to combat hayfever. As well as another suggestion for tubers to be somehow renewable. It seems I am very very invested in DS food items haha

I really hope that those foods become renewable. They are really cool but very limited.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:08 AM, KaruahHewitt said:

(completely unimportant side note:) I also made another suggestion previously for potentially another/more crockpot use for foliage, or additional crafting recipes to combat hayfever. As well as another suggestion for tubers to be somehow renewable. It seems I am very very invested in DS food items haha

I really agree with this. The seasons each only have two items that can combat it, while RoG has at least 7 per season.

Archived