Sanity-Restoring Book?

I feel like making an exclusive single use set of items for my character that can restore 20-90 sanity and be created similarly to Wickerbottom’s books. The character’s max sanity is going to be 100 and the downside with them is going to be managing it. I have the basic gist of the coding, but I need help with personalization for these books. It also can only be used by my character (because it’s supposed to be a really bad romance novel that everyone is too unnerved by to read).

The better materials you get, the more volumes you can make. Like. First volume will be the least amount of sanity obtained while the final volume will have the most amount regained.  Here’s what I have in mind:

First volume: Papyrus x3, Charcoal x2, Grass x2 (+20 sanity)

Second volume: Papyrus x6, Feather pencil x1, Pigskin x2 (+40 sanity)

Third volume: Papyrus x9, Feather pencil x1, Tentacle spots x2 (+60 sanity)

Fourth volume: Papyrus x12, Feather pencil x1, Scales x1 (+90 sanity)

8 hours ago, Ultroman said:

So which part do you need help with? Crafting? Making other characters not be able to pick them up? Making only your character have the recipes for them?

I’m okay with implementing the effects of the books and I’m going to be making sprites for them in general. The rest I’m really confused on. For some of the things I’m going to do with this, I’ve scrolled through a few topics asking the same kinds of things to get a basic idea, such as making sprites seen. 

7 hours ago, Ultroman said:

Well, it's much more efficient for everyone if you lay out in detail how these books should function. Try to think of what exactly you want, and detail it.

Whoa, sorry for the delay! Work can be work. Anyway, I was thinking the crafting would be the same as Wickerbottom’s book-crafting, but it wouldn’t be any of her books and instead the ones I listed. My character would start with the ‘first volume’ book (3 uses). Reading it would pretty much take as much time as picking grass would be. The character also wouldn’t be able to use Wickerbottom’s books, same as everyone else. Similarly, nobody will read the volumes. While Wickerbottom’s books can’t be used because they’re boring, my character’s books can’t be used because of how much it disturbs others. They can, however, be picked up and examined.

It was going to be a parody on Twilight, but I thought of something way worse to make everyone scared to read it. But that’s a different story. I already put up the different recipes for each book and I’ve decided on three uses instead of single uses.

The books shouldn’t be able to stack because, like tools, they have durability. Every use decreases it by 45 durability. So, it’ll go from 100, to 55, to 10, then it’s done. 

For the number of uses, I'd recommend just using the finiteuses component instead of durability. You just tell it 3 uses, and it's done, like the tent. Either component takes care of destroying the books when they have no more uses.

For how the books work, it seems like you want the exact same functionality of Wickerbottom's books, so the code for them should be easy to snatch. Except that Waxwell can use her books, but I'm sure that's easy to change.