Jumping Inventory Bug (or Feature) rq attention

Hi guys!

Keep up the good job etc etc .. But can you possibly improve just 1 thing that freaks me out ?

When I change the tools in the inventory - the things like an axe, or pick or a weapon of some sort, they never - or quite rarely - go back to the same inventory spot that they were in previously. Say, I change the axe for a spear then for a hammer and so on. Eventually - though I have the free slots in the main inventory - all of them end up in the backpack. With all of the rather useless stuff taking up the space in the "pockets".

Can you folks possibly introduce some sort of a "slot affinity" for the tools? So that, when there are enough of the empty slots, the tool would go back to the exact slot it was occupying BEFORE, but not to some RANDOM one.

Don't Starve is a great recreational game, don't get me wrong, but this "jumping tools" issue makes me really mad sometimes. I suppose its not a big deal to fix it, huh? Its been there for ages ..

Thanks, and cheers.

Paul.

Archived