PvP server setting

Hi guys,

I need help to do the following things to my community PvP server:

1) To set permanent death (with exit from the game).
2) To introduce a timer to finish the game.
3) To introduce a sort of ranking at the finish of the game.
4) To spawn chest in random location on the map at the start.
5) To spawn random items and weapons every few time in random location on the map during game.

Is it possible to do this by setting files, or do they necessarily need mods?

The server in question is installed on Windows 10 (with Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server Tool).

Thank you in advance to anyone who wanted to help me!

5 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

You'll definitely need one or more mods for that. Not sure if there's anything like that out there, or if you have to make it yourself.

I think there is a way, because a friend told me that in the past he participated in PvP servers set up like this, but he wouldn't know how to explain how they did it.

17 hours ago, La Suocera said:

I think there is a way, because a friend told me that in the past he participated in PvP servers set up like this, but he wouldn't know how to explain how they did it.

Do you mean he was playing on one, and it was showing as "unmodded", or at least no mod resembling something like that?

You can easily do that by either directly modifying the game files, or "force enabling" mods serverwide. Also that server owner probably didn't upload his mod to the steam workshop, so people can't use it on their own servers.

On 17/4/2019 at 7:34 PM, Daniel86268 said:

Do you mean he was playing on one, and it was showing as "unmodded", or at least no mod resembling something like that?

I meant that, in one way or another (with mods or by setting files), I think that a server can be setted up with the features I wrote. The problem is that I don't know how to do it.
My friend does not remember if that server was moddated or not.

You can easily do that by either directly modifying the game files, or "force enabling" mods serverwide. Also that server owner probably didn't upload his mod to the steam workshop, so people can't use it on their own servers.

How i can do it by the modification of the game files?

22 minutes ago, La Suocera said:

How i can do it by the modification of the game files?

You can edit the lua files directly in the "'DSTServerDir/data/databundles/scripts.zip". This and force enabling is bad practice though, and only serves as hiding your mods/letting your server appear as unmodded.

I highly recommend to do proper modding my placing your edited files in the mods directory (It'd be best to follow a proper modding guide for this.) and enabling then using the modoverrides.lua.

Archived