Lureplants spawning large amounts of rot... Explanation?

Thank you for all the replies! Some clarifications:

• I am currently on day 300 on the world where I experienced the Lureplant rot incident, but the incident itself happened around day 100.
  • Frog Rain is turned OFF on this world.
  • At the time, I had about seven Lureplants in my farm. It seemed like only one of the plants spit up the rot, however, since that bulb was surrounded by the rot, and the others had nothing around them.
  • I put carpeted flooring so that Eyeplants would not spawn. (However, the Lureplant that spit out the rot DID spawn some Eyeplants since I didn't make the carpet area big enough. Oops.)
  • I am playing with the following mods:Geometric PlacementCraft Pot, and Combined Status.
On 4/13/2019 at 4:13 PM, Nickster206 said:

I managed to replicate the bug in my 200 day world. It's not rot that the lureplants produce, it's leafy meat. I had the bulbs planted for 3 seasons (or 55 days), planting them on the first day of spring. On the first day of the next winter, they proceeded to spit out profuse amounts of leafy meat. I had about 8 lureplants doing this in a small area, and it accumulated about 1600 leafy meat, which eventually rotted.

I thought about what could be causing this, and the closest thing that I can think of is the lureplants producing new leafy meat when the old one spoils, but for some reason the spoiled leafy meat doesn't turn into rot and just stays as fresh leafy meat inside the bulb's inventory until winter, when the plant dies. Maybe that's what's causing this?

This sounds plausible! I only had my farm planted for a few days (less than 15, if I can remember correctly). Unfortunately, I can't remember what season it was when I went to check on them and found the rot.

I am still not sure what caused this to happen. Similar to Nickster's case, it happened randomly and hasn't happened again in the 200 days I've played since the incident. The only thing I've done with the farm in that time is add more Lureplants.

If you have several lureplants next to each other and they are able to grow eyeplants and bite one another, every single bite will add a leafy meat to the parent lureplant. Here's a screenshot of me getting tons of leafy meat after using two lureplants in a grass/twig farm. It's not very consistent; sometimes you get heaps of leafy meat, other times only a couple. I think this depends on when the eyeplants grew and how they were loaded.

image.png.a3a6b274ff85a7384fac01ca3b6c28b4.png

I use the lure plant method of grass farming of this video:

, and yes, after just a small amount of time with the plants active, when I kill them they drop some 20-40 leafy meats. It only happens when you have two (or I assume more) lure plants next to each other.

Archived