Duplicant Traits

So with how many traits are now in the game I kinda think it would be more interesting to have duplicants have 2 positive and 2 negative traits from the start or at least have an option for that in the custom world setups. I think this would be good for a number of reasons.

1. It would make it so players have to work around some traits instead of ignoring them or avoiding them entirely
  2. It would make individual duplicants have more character and be more interesting
  3. Finding a trait you want would be easier, For example if you were trying to do a flatulent dupe colony

Just as an example I have had a number of players and guides tell me they just avoid loud sleeper entirely but ever since custom schedules were added I've found it very easy to work around this negative trait. Flatulent is now more reasonable since they fixed how atmo suits work. The only really annoying one to me is narcoleptic but that's easy to avoid but I think there should be more of a cost benefit balance to this then there currently is. Right now its just I don't like that trait so I re-roll or avoid it. What if you got a duplicant that had early bird and night owl but then was a mouth breather and narcoleptic? You would have a significant boost to stats for a decent chunk of the day but your dupe would also have two negative traits to balance it. Maybe you could even make it so when a duplicant uses the gene shuffler maybe instead of just gaining a random positive trait, they gain the new one and lose a negative trait as well?
Just an idea to maybe make the game a bit more interesting.

Archived