Fixed constant stuttering in game on laptop with multiple graphics cards

I have a laptop with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti and a Intel R integrated HD Graphics 630. Since i got this laptop I have had persistent stuttering in Don't Starve and Don't Starve together about every 3 seconds. The screen would freeze up for half a second every 3 seconds. It was very subtle but still noticeable and very irritating. After I disabled my Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics in my device manager the game runs smoothly in both don't starve and don't starve together (except Hamlet but thats a separate issue). if you are having this issue and you have a laptop with two graphics cards this could fix your issue (try disabling one of your graphics cards, if the first one doesn't work, enable it and disable the other one). Hope this helps.

I have the same setup but my Geforce is only 1050. I'm a ROG Asus GL553vd user. I've been fighting this for like a year. The FPS is stable ( 60 ) but those hiccups are annoying. I only managed to fix it in normal DS and DST but it still occur in SHipwrecked and Hamlet.

Archived