Custom Character Sprite Invisible

kingvav

Hi! I'm having an issue with a custom character mod I'm working on. Everything is functioning except for the sprite, which doesn't load at all, leaving the character invisible.

I redownloaded the ESC template and went through all of the files to make sure all of the pngs of the sprite components were present and correctly named, and I'm pretty sure they were, but there's a chance I missed something.

I'm not subscribed to any other mods at the moment.

I've included a log of the most recent load attempt, the zipped mod pre-upload (as in before it goes to the workshop), and the mod as it is in the /mods folder.

log.txt

Wren DS.zip

workshop-1666985831.zip

Skimming through the mod the only error was that the autocompiler didn't build your character, but I didn't encounter any syntax errors when I loaded it. The autocompiler has the tendency to not build the character for some unknown reason and all I can advise is just to keep trying to build the character. Either way heres the zip file back.

Wren DS.zip

I figured it out!!! Thank you so much for looking into it, I really appreciate the help!

I had to delete the contents of the anim folder and place the mod into the Don't Starve mod folder THEN run the autocompiler.

If you're also having this issue, here are detailed steps on how I fixed it:

1. Delete the charactername.zip file from the \anim folder

2. Delete any existing .xml and .tex files from everything in /images, leaving the .png files behind

3. Copy the entire mod folder and paste it into your Don't Starve mods folder, located at C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\mods

• just to be sure, remove any other mods in this folder- you can put them back afterward

4. Run the autocompiler program in the Don't Starve Mod Tools folder of your Steam\steamapps\common folder

5. The autocompiler should take a moment to go through everything. Once it's done, check the \anim folder. It should have your charactername.zip file again, this time with the sprite assets you have in the \exported folder.

Archived