How, if possible, can you transfer the script of a character over to DLC scripts?

I'm in the middle of trying to make my own character for Don't Starve RoG and hopefully later on the expansions and together, which I guess makes it fitting for this forum. When I get the main speech text stuff down, I'm thinking of  getting it done for the other expansions, and in turn Together as well.

I'm using Notepad++.for this. I know there's some sort of option to find a word within the entire script and change it for every instance of it for that page, but is there something that replaces the contents of a group of objects and actions with the same name?

ie essentially copypasting the script onto other formats for the other DLC expansions and Together
or at this rate just other expansions what with the new update and all
Anyhow, is there an easy way out of re-rewriting a response to all the same things in the different expansions, or is the best course of action just sucking it up and doing it all by hand again?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. You can include all the strings for all the expansions for DS in the same mod. You don't have to copy-paste them between different versions. I would advise you to find a popular "fully-fledged" character mod made after the Hamlet expansion, and look at how they've done everything. I cannot believe they've made separate speech-files for each expansion.

Technically, you can even combine the DS and DST code into the same mod, and just upload the same package for both DS and DST, but in my opinion it creates more confusion than it gains me in convenience.

What exactly do you mean to do, when you say

is there something that replaces the contents of a group of objects and actions with the same name?

What I mean by "Is there something that replaces the contents of a group of objects and actions with the same name?" is more or less just asking around if there's any way to immediately replace the contents of pre-existing speech files for stuff that's shared across all the expansions as to save myself the effort of redoing it by hand as I'm not exactly the best with coding nor navigating Notepad++, so anything that could do what I'm looking for might completely fly over my head.

Saying that doesn't sound much clearer, but I guess it'd be neat to know if it were something that's mandatory in the first place, although in retrospect I probably would have been better off looking up the functions of Notepad++ and comparing what someone did in a Hamlet mod now that that's been out for a while.

I'm sorry if I didn't quite clear up what I meant to say, as I tend to slip up when trying to get my thoughts out, whether it be by mouth or text.

And uh, thanks, too. I'll look into an up-to-date mod and then some to see if I can find what I'm looking for.

Edited by Twuster

I think that's your best bet (looking at another mod). I'm still not entirely sure what you mean with "stuff that's shared across all the expansions". AFAIK you only need one speech-file per character, and if someone uses your mod for RoG, and your speech file has some extra entries in it for e.g. Hamlet, it won't complain.

I don't know of any tool that can do what you're asking. Not "safely", anyway.

Wait, I'm starting to actually process what you just said.

You don't need a separate script for every expansion? Solid.

Yeah, what I was asking was based on the assumption that that would be the case, but if not, that's all the better for me.Thanks!