Having seperate worlds for RoG/SW & HAM

Well, I wish it was not so. But I find myself very frustrated with this sharding system. 

I am someone who enjoys building megabases. 

It already annoyed me a bit when SW & RoG came out that you basically have to build two megabases in two worlds but now with HAM it's gotten out of hand for me.

I find myself completely not caring about the SW & RoG Worlds anymore and just use them to strip resources from them. The Hamlet town system is just so much superior to anything you could build in RoG or SW and therefore I can't get myself at all anymore to build there other than a really basic setup that allows me to craft stuff that I can't in the other worlds.

As a long time DS & DST player I often find myself craving for more content and believe me I am thrilled for what's to come in April (hopefully it stays april this time) for DST. However in singleplayer it very much feels like playing 1/3 of a game x 3. Rather than a whole game. I really dislike having to travel to RoG to craft a walking cane or an eyebrella. I don't see why I cant bring bunny huts to shipwrecked. And most importantly what the single most annoying thing is not being able to build a pig city in RoG or SW. I feel like if this was possible it could offset this problem entirely as now at least you would be able to have bases of equal quality, rather than having a real city with trade and taxes in one world and just muddy huts and sticks in the other and having everything outdoor.

I do see why one would argue that its better to have some crafting recipes from different worlds locked in others, but it still annoys me very much. Having these DLCs doesn't feel like getting a new content patch, which is what I basically want, and which is also why I enjoyed the A New Reign updates so very much, but rather feels like as I said earlier only playing another version of the game but only one third of it and have stuff taken away from you by being unable to craft stuff you previously could.

Also when I can hop between worlds within 30 seconds to craft a walking cane that I couldnt craft in HAM I dont really see the point in that either. You could argue bee boxes and bunny huts etc were not intended to be had in HAM but then again spider nests probably neither but you are just able to bring them along for the way they work as being able to pick them up as an item.

I don't know. 

Sorry if this is all negative, but I just find myself abandoning my worlds for this reason and by extension the game in general as it just bothers me so much. 

Does maybe anyone else feel similarly about this?

Thanks for listening

Archived